Saturday, October 5, 2013

NFL Week 5 picks

Well it finally happened. Loren got one right over me. Of course I returned the favor and I'm still up by 7. 18-6 to 11-11.

Ravens @ Dolphins
Derek - Dolphins. Homer pick! We'll see I'm not to confident in this pick. But I thnk the Fins D can stop a questionable Ravens O and we'll all hope that they can pass protect.

Loren - Ravens. Baltimore seems to have their defensive mojo back and I'm not sold on the Dolphins, even at home. I don't see a lot of room for the Dolphins to run and they'll probably be playing from behind most of the day. Who's their QB again?

Saints @ Bears
Derek - Saints. I'll go with the hot hand in this one. The Bears just lost their first and the Saints just made a statement on Monday night. 
Loren - Bears. The Saints have to lose some time. On the road against a reborn Bears team is as good a place as any. This could get ugly.

Patriots @ Bengals
Derek - Patriots. The Pats are the better team and seem to be getting better every week. I can't pick the Bengals right now with the way Dolton is playing.
Loren - Patriots. They've been killing me all year when I pick against them. Even though I really want to pick the Bengals, they're not yet ready to take the step. The Pats know how to win tough games, the Bengals are still learning.

Lions @ Packers
Derek - Packers. The Lions are better than I thought they'd be but I think the Packers will be able to out score the Lions at home.
Loren - Packers. I hate to do it, but I've got to take the Pack. I think the Lions are fun, explosive, and unpredictable. I also think the Packers are better (albeit not by much) on both sides of the ball. Throw in home field advantage and the scales tip green/yellow.

Broncos @ Cowboys
Derek - Broncos. Until I see someone slowing them down I'll go with Denver. I'm not sure scoring 35 by the Cowboys will get them within 10.
Loren - Broncos. Do not want. I don't like this matchup on the road for the Broncos who are weakest in their banged up secondary. What do the Cowboys do? Throw the ball. Still, it's hard to bet against undefeated.

Texans @ 49ers
Derek - 49ers. The 49ers seem to be finding their groove again. They're at home and I don't think the Texans are who we thought they were.
Loren - Texans. I was going to take the 49ers until I kept making mistakes while typing their name. Any time I do that, the weird pre-cog part of my brain is trying to tell me something. It might be telling me, "Sucker!" Still, it's not like the Texans don't have a chance and we've seen the 49ers vulnerable so far.

No comments: