Saturday, November 9, 2013

NFL Week 10 Picks

Loren and I both went 3-3 this week. So my lead stays at 13. 37-17 to 24-28.

Seattle at Atlanta
Derek - Seattle. I don't like taking teams that have to travel across country but the Falcons are just terrible right now and I don't see their offense coming around on the Seahawks D. If Seattle gets their head out of their butts and runs the ball with Lynch 2/3 of the times they'll win easy.
Loren - Seattle. It's troublesome that the Seahawks will be playing an early game on the other side of the country. This looks, feels, smells like a trap game. So why am I picking Seattle still. No faith in Atlanta's ability to play consistently.

Detroit at Chicago
Derek - Chicago. Cutlers back and I think they'll be able to slow down the Lions offense. Hope we get a high scoring game here but I'll go with the home team. 
Loren - Detroit. I really hope this is a barn burner. Chicago at home with a nothing-to-lose QB slinging it around? Could be disaster for Detroit. Still, all things considered, Detroit has more weapons and Stafford doesn't usually get rattled.

Philadelphia at Green Bay
Derek - Green Bay. The Eagles are too up and down this season. I'm not sure who's waling through that door. The pack even without Rodgers I know what I'm getting including a good D.
Loren - Philadelphia. Not sure whether to start Eddie Lacy in FFB. Teams are going to stack the box dog pile him. Green Bay's offense has to show me another dimension with Seneca Wallace holding the reigns before I'll feel comfortable picking them.

Houston at Arizona
Derek - Arizona. Houston still has to prove to me that they can score consistently and I thin the Cards have a solid D that will make the difference in this game.
Loren - Houston. How happy is Andre Johnson? Someone who can finally get him the ball where he can do some damage. Foster being out isn't that big a deal. Tate is a premium RB stuck behind a premium RB. On any other team he's an every down runner. Arizona can't run the ball so they'll have to throw and that plays right into the strength of the Texans.

Denver at San Diego
Derek - Denver. Rivers could have a huge day, but I'm not betting against the Denver, they still seems to be working well on offense and they're coming off a bye.
Loren - Denver. Of course I'm taking Denver. I expect this to be a challenge though. The Bronco's secondary hasn't pulled it together yet. Coverage consistently breaks down on passes 15-20 yards down the middle and god help them if there's a one-on-one long down the side. But the Broncos are rested, healthy and still the most dangerous offense in the league.

Dallas at New Orleans
Derek - New Orleans. The Saints at home is usually enough to win most games and their D this year has shown that it's pretty darn good. A bounce back game against an inconsistent team is in the cards.
Loren - New Orleans. If the Saints can stop the Cowboys on the ground (which hasn't been difficult to do this year), their excellent secondary can sit back and wait for Romo to make mistakes. On the other side, the Saints have the fifth most passing yards going against the second worst pass defense in the league. Are you ready for Romo-face?

No comments: