Saturday, September 27, 2014

NFL Week 4 picks


Another bad week for both Loren and I. I had a terrible 1-5 record and Loren was able to pull one ahead by going 2-4. Right now Loren leads with an 8-10 record and I'm sitting at 7-11.
 
Green Bay at Chicago
Derek - Green Bay. The Pack have to turn it around here soon. There O is just too good to be playing this poorly. The bears have been good and bad and I expect a good game.
Loren - Chicago. Yeah, the Bears are up and down. I give them the edge at home.
 
Tennessee at Indianapolis
Derek - Indianapolis. Tennessee ain't that good. I'll give this one to the Colts. Their offense is rolling and Luck should have another big game.
Loren - Indianapolis. Who would have thought this could be an important early season match up? Indy at home, big, to stake a claim.
 
Carolina at Baltimore
Derek - Baltimore. Not sure why I'm picking the Ravens here but They seem like a team that's not going to fall apart and be part of the convo for the playoffs. I see a hard fought win.
Loren - Carolina. Big game for both teams. Gut says Carolina is playing with a chip on their shoulder. Could be surprisingly good.
 
Atlanta at Minnesota
Derek - Atlanta. The Falcons have had a couple of extra days off and are brimming with confidence. The Vikings have nothing going for them expect you get to see their rookie QB earlier than expected.
Loren - Atlanta. Too bad the Bridgewater era opens with a firm home loss.
 
Philadelphia at San Francisco
Derek - San Francisco. If this was anywhere but SF I'd take Philly. But they've been living on the edge and I don't see a 1-3 start for the 49ers.
Loren - San Francisco. This is probably the closest call this week. But Philly has been playing behind. A good team will eventually make you pay.
 
New Orleans at Dallas
Derek - New Orleans. Nothing like curing your road woes then playing the Cowboys D.
Loren - New Orleans. Nothing like a Dallas home loss to cheer me up.

No comments: