Saturday, October 25, 2014

NFL Week 8 Picks

Loren and I only picked 1 game different last week and it was looking good for me until the Saints gave up two TD's in the last 3 mins. I knew I shouldn't have taken them on the road. This leaves me at 21-20-1 why Loren trails by a game at 20-21-1.

Seattle at Carolina
Derek - Even though this is a cross country trip and the Seahawks look down a bit I'm thinking they bounce back big and take care of an under preforming Panthers team.

Loren - Carolina. Long trip east for an early game and doubts abound for the Seahawks. Seattle's short yardage passing D has been terrible this year. If the home team can control the clock and get a decent day from their defense, Carolina pulls the upset.
 
Baltimore at Cincinnati
 
Derek - Cincinnati. The Bengals have to get going here and I think this is one of those AFC North games where you don't know what's going to happen and are still surprised.
Loren - Baltimore. Are we supposed to be surprised that the Ravens are good this year? Perhaps we just hoped that karma would smack the team from top to bottom. Regardless, Cincy's D isn't going to help. I don't think they're disciplined enough to win a close game.
 
Chicago at New England
 
Derek - New England. The Pats seem to be back, dang it, and look to be one of the better teams int he AFC, darn it, and should be able to beat a very inconsistent Bears team at home. Another ho hum game for the Pats.
Loren - New England. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chicago reinvigorated from their post-game meltdown. Sometimes those episodes have a way of focusing a team. Unfortunately, the Pats are still an elite level team. I wonder what Marshall will do for an encore.
 
Philadelphia at Arizona
Derek - Arizona. This is one where I'm taking the home team on a near cross country trip. Their D is good and the Eagles have yet to get a running game going. I the Cards will handle the Philly O just fine.
Loren - Philadelphia. Coming off a bye week and healthy, I think the Eagle's offense is ready to put on a show.
 
Indianapolis at Pittsburgh
Derek - Indianapolis. The Colts are good the Steelers are...who knows, another inconsistent team. But they are dangerous, but not dangerous enough.
Loren - Indianapolis. Denver winning and Dallas losing are the only football related thing that makes me happier than Pittsburgh losing. Also, I need a big game from Luck to help me stay undefeated in Derek's fantasy football league. Isn't that right, Derek?
 
Green Bay at New Orleans
Derek - New Orleans. Again! why am I doing this? Well at least they're at home.
Loren - Green Bay. The Packers are on a roll. They've won four straight and the mess that is the Saints are going to beat them? Not feeling that. Wait, did the Saints replace their entire defense? No? Then Packers it is.

No comments: