Saturday, December 6, 2014

NFL Week 14 Picks

Loren and I split our games again for the 3rd week in a row, going 3-3. I'm now up 45-32-1 why Loren trails at 36-41-1.

Baltimore at Miami
Derek - Miami. The Ravens have existed for years as a definsive team for years. They don't let you run on them and Miami likes to run. Problem for the Ravens is that this week and the rest of the regular season is Ngata is out. The Fins should control this one.
Loren - Miami. Both teams are 7-5 and they've both been a bit inconsistent. When in doubt, take the home team.


Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
Derek - Pittsburgh. I think the Steelers bounce back from last weeks loss and beat the Bengals on the road. Two great WRs are in this match up and I truch Ben more than the Red Rocket.
Loren - Pittsburgh. You couldn't get me to bet on this game. Cincinnati always has a few games each year that begin to inflate their fans with hope only to have it dashed by the end of the season.


Indianapolis at Cleveland
Derek - Indianapolis. The Colts should walk all over the Browns. Doesn't matter who's playing QB for Cleveland.
Loren - Indianapolis. Only reason I might watch this game is the potential to see Manziel go down in flames. Schadenfreude can be a wonderful thing.


Kansas City at Arizona
Derek - Kansas City. Cards are on a slide and while a good team they are not the "best record" in the leauge kinda team.
Loren - Arizona. None of KC's strengths play into the Cardinals' weaknesses.


Seattle at Philadelphia
Derek - Philadelphia. Yeah not sure about this one. The travel and the up and down season are swaying me here.

Loren - Philadelphia. Am I really picking Sanchez against a good defense? I guess so.

New England at San Diego
Derek - New England. Normally I don't like teams traveling across counrty but the Pats made the trip last week after the Packer game. So that shouldn't be a problem. They also won't lose 2 in a row.Loren - San Diego. That's a really long trip to take. All things being equal, I definitely taken NE. But SD is no slouch and is playing to remain in the division lead hunt.

No comments: